It is true that for a golfer there is no better innovation on this planet than a golf range finder. The number of uses a golf range finder has is uncountable and no wonder they have become so popular with golfers, both professional and amateur.
But the first thing you have to decide when you opt for a golf range finder is what kind of range finder you would want, laser or non-laser or with GPS. The second thing that you have to know is how to use a golf range finder.
This the most important question that you would need to answer because a golf range finder can make an amateur golfer into a professional one if it is used properly and vice versa.
So it is of great importance that you know how to use it properly. This is the reason we have taken it upon ourselves to give you the correct picture so that you can use of a range finder optimally.
Tips to use a golf range finder
- The first thing that you need to do is find a golf range finder which has a good range. The range of a range finder is the distance it can measure in order to see the objects within that range. You will have to find a range finder which gives a range that will exceed the range of the longest hole on the course and hence need a range finder with a range of at least 500 yards if not more. If you want to use the range finder to the best of its abilities and see all the objects clearly then this is the only way to do it.
- On the course remember to adjust the range finder eyehole on the first hole. This is done to make sure that you are in a comfortable position for the full game because if there is any problem with the eye due to wrong position of the eyehole then it can have a bad effect on the entire game.
- If you want to use a golf range finder then make sure you have prior knowledge about the incremental values and magnification levels of the product. The reason for this is to make sure that while you are playing you are able to adjust the degree of magnification accordingly so that you can clearly see the target.
- Always keep some spare batteries with you because there can be a situation that the batteries installed in the range finder are drained during play. Here to make sure that you can still continue with the game properly, keep some extra batteries on you.
- You have to understand that when you want to hit a target then apart from your focus on the target there are other things you have take into consideration like the weather conditions. You have to know how to properly use the range finder to know the weather conditions to make sure that you hit your target to make good use of it.
These are the basic steps you need to follow so that you become a professional in using the golf range finder and in the process become a player to reckon with. Who knows, maybe you are the next Rory McIlroy in the making?