If you have fond recollections of your grandmother hanging up stitch portraits in the walls, or even using it in the bed sheets, then you have come face-to-face with embroidery. Yes, your small “Blanket”, which you have used extensively in your childhood, was perhaps the first gift from your grandparents, and embroidery would be a very integral part in the form of some square images in it. So, if your memories serve you, you would remember that embroidery was a very time-consuming task in the yesteryears, and most people would have perennial difficulty in getting it correct.
Why do we use embroidery machines?
Well, the answer lies in the automation, as well is the time saving effort that has been induced with the help of such embroidery machines. With the use of the modern embroidery machines also known as monogram machines, you would not only be able to create integrate and complex patterns in a fraction of the time compared to the hand stitching, but it will also look elegant.
There are also new technology is integrated into the embroidery machines that give it the unique ability to connect it to the Internet as well as to the computer in order to download new patterns. This helps you to get versatility in your embroidery designs, and also ensures that you will be able to create integrate patterns consisting of various images and fonts within no time.
This helps you to get versatility in your embroidery designs, and also ensures that you will be able to create integrate patterns consisting of various images and fonts within no time.
If you are looking to take your embroidery skills to the next level, it is very important for you to invest in getting a top embroidery machine or monogram nachine. Only then will you be able to effectively save a lot of time, and also accomplish a lot of good designs to be integrated into your fabric.
The best part of using the embroidery machine is that it can be customized, thereby ensuring that you need not have to worry about only getting the same mundane machine prints of embroidery, but something which is unique.
Types of embroidery machines
Essentially, there are two types of embroidery machines available in the market.
Single head (single needle)
This machine looks like a typical saving machine that comes with a flatbed bottom which is also inclusive of a removable unit of embroidery. The machines are very user friendly, and smart as well, since it has been integrated with new technologies. Generally speaking, you can use it for creating decorative pieces, as well as utility stitching. It also holds the capability of producing computerized embroidery.
The main aspect of this monogram machine is that it only consists of a single head, which is inclusive of the bobbin, the needle; the thread as well is all the other necessary metal parts. When you are single machine needle for the purpose of embroidery, the needle will remain stationary, and the arm of the embroidery would be moving in accordance to the digital design.
The primary advantage of this machine is that it can be used by any person that is computer literate. It is important to have an embroidery software program that will be able to customize as well as create new designs or merge them in accordance to their needs.
This machine also happens to be widely available for purchasing in most stores.
One can say that this machine is not very efficient when it comes to embroidery of several samples of same kind. If you have used this machine in order to garner money to support the income source of your family, then you would need to waste time changing threads at each stop of color, thereby leading to a loss in time.
It is very difficult for the single needle machine to embroider onto a piece of ready-made garment. It is mainly due to the limitations of the hooping that is to be found in this machine.
Single head (multiple needle)
This type of machine normally contains about 4 to 10 needles. Each needle contains its own thread of color, thereby helping you to get about 4 to 10 choices of color for any piece of embroidery without needing to stop to change the thread of the color just as needs to be done in the single needle machine. This machine is a typical step up for the people that would like to indulge in excellent embroidery, and also make a stable income from this source.
These multiple needle machines have the precision to finish excellent multicolored designs very fast, and along with a great amount of precision than that which can be compared to the single needle machine.
It does not come with an embroider arm, thereby ensuring that you would be able to embroider on any ready-made garment without the need to rip off the fabric. This is a very welcome change from the single needle machine.
The cost factor comes into question as the multi-needle machine is extremely expensive when you compare it to the single needle machine. However, with their additional features, it certainly makes up for the excessive cost.
How to select best embroidery machine?
As a novice, trying to select an embroidery machine can lead to a very difficult situation for you. You might not know the functions which you need, as well as the kind of control that you would want in order to get quality embroidery done on the fabric. So, go through the following points mentioned below to give you an idea about selecting the best embroidery machine and also see some embroidery machine reviews before buying one.
- When you are willing to spend a fortune on a good quality embroidery machine, you need to look at a machine that can offer you the thread tension automation as well as the autopilot functions. It was without saying that only the extremely skilled embroiderers will be able to manually control the various aspects of the embroidery, but even then, they are humans. Errors, when made at this particular stage can lead to problems in the overall design of the embroidery. So, search for a best monogram machine that has a pretty good reputation in providing good tension as well as consistent speed.
- Look for a machine that offers a top loading feature of the bobbin as well as color coding threading feature. This is necessary for a person that would want to make the entire process of embroidery much simpler than it already is. You have to remember that embroidery makes use of a lot of thread, when you compare it to the normal sewing, which means that you would need to keep on winding the bobbins at the same time as you go on sewing. Therefore, you need a machine that can come accompanied with such automatic features that you do not find embroidery to become too difficult for you.
- The minimum size of the frame that you are looking for in terms of creating embroidery should be 4 X 4 inches square platform. This way, you would be able to create wonderful designs on your quilt or any other fabric. It is a rule of the thumb that some of the best embroidery machines would come with a large frame that will enable you to work out all your designs without finding yourself cramped for space. Also, some machines come with features that enable you to connect the square portions after you have finished the embroidery, thereby leading to a bigger design.
- When you are looking to spend money on an embroidery machine, it is important that you select the latest features like getting access to the Internet as well as computer connectivity. This enables you to download and gain access to the tens of thousands of embroidery patterns over the Internet, free of cost. Loading them directly into your machine and then customizing them according to your needs helps you to save up a lot of time as well as enables you to get the exact result of embroidery that you need.
Top embroidery machine brands
Brother: – For those people that do not have a lot of idea about sewing but want to take up embroidery, this company produces some of the best embroidery machines that helps you to get professional results without the need for a lot of experience.
The machine is provided by this company gives you access to some of the best designs that you can find in the open market, and helps you to quickly understand the intricate nuances of embroidery. Moreover, the prices of the products from this company are sustainable, and well within the reach of people looking to pursue this profession.
If you’re looking for a machine with amazing stitch value that will help you to indulge in your embroidery needs, then this is the company to look out for.
Singer: – Still a heavyweight in the embroidery business, Singer has been making good quality embroidery machines for quite a while. The best part of the products is that it has a good warranty period associated, enabling you to have that trust in machines from this company.
Machines produced by Singer contain a lot of new automation features, and they also happen to be affordable at the same time. With the integration of the automatic winding system of the bobbin, even novices would be able to undertake embroidery without the need to mind their fingers. Any complex designs can be easily customized with the computer software and interface within the embroidery machine manufactured by Singer.
Best embroidery machine reviews
Here are the detial reviews on some of the best selling monogram machine models from very successful brands.
Brother LB6800prw project runway
The new generation computerized embroidery machines are without any doubt giving new meanings to convenience and creativity. Not only do they save more time but also deliver much higher accuracy as compared to the traditional manual embroidery machines.
The best quality computerized embroidery and sewing machines mostly come with built in embroidery designs and sewing stitches to make the job even easier for you. The memory of these machines can hold hundreds of designs and all you have to do is to select the one that you like, give command to your machine and it will do the rest of the job for you.
Most of the today’s machines are a combination of both the sewing and embroidery machine and do both these functions at their best. However, although, the computerized embroidery machines have made the job easier for you, one of the most important steps is to make right decision while selecting the embroidery machine that would be the best for your own needs. Before you take a decision, make sure that the machine you select should have all the top features to make embroidery more fun and to fulfill your requirements.
Otherwise, you may end up frustrated besides losing your money for nothing. One such computerized machine that is best at both embroidery and stitching is the Brother LB-6800PRW Project Runway Computerized Sewing Embroidery Machine.
It is among the most top rated sewing and embroidery machines when it comes to consistently high performance. Equipped with virtually all the top most features, Brother LB-6800PRW Project Runway Computerized Sewing Embroidery Machine has earned a great reputation in the market. Our Brother LB-6800PRW Project Runway Computerized Sewing Embroidery Machine Review includes a detail about the features it comes with, its strengths and weaknesses. To decide whether it is the best sewing and embroidery machine for you or not, read the full review.
- A combination of embroidery and sewing machine
- Dimensions: 21.5 by 16 by 22 inches
- Weight: 15 pounds
- Back lit LCD display which is easy to see and easy to operate
- Comes with a USB port and Grand Slam 2 package
- 4 by 4 inches embroidery field
- Ability to import designs directly from computer
- 70 built in embroidery designs
- 120 frame pattern combinations
- 5 embroidery fonts
- 67 built in sewing stitches
- 98 stitch functions
With a 4 by 4 inches large embroidery field, the Brother LB-6800PRW Project Runway Computerized Sewing Embroidery Machine is one of the wisest choices if you are looking for a machine that performs both stitching and embroidery at its best. This combination machine is equipped with most of the top features that you would like to see in a top rated embroidery and stitching machine.
Its back lit LCD display is easy to operate and user friendly. The pack comes with a complete sample spool with as many colors as 61. Besides that, a complete range of accessories is being offered with Brother LB-6800PRW Project Runway Computerized Sewing Embroidery Machine. 144 pre wound bobbins and a full size stabilizer are only a few to name out of the list of accessories.
The auto thread cutter at the end of your stitching saves you a lot of time and adds to your convenience. The huge embroidery field is best for big projects like quilting. The machine comes with 70 built in embroidery designs for fun embroidery, 120 frame combinations and 67 sewing stitches along with 5 letting fonts.
Although, the features of this machine are top notch and the machine has delivered what it promised when it comes to performance, but the biggest issue with Brother LB-6800PRW Project Runway Computerized Sewing Embroidery Machine is its price. According to some customers, this machine is very costly as compared to many other embroidery and sewing machines available in the market. While for others, the machine is worth its price looking at a range of accessories it comes with and the performance that it delivers.
If you are the one who is willing to pay a few extra pounds to get the best quality embroidery and stitching machine, then Brother LB-6800PRW Project Runway Computerized Sewing Embroidery Machine is your pick. As you would have noticed from our detailed Brother LB-6800PRW Project Runway Computerized Sewing Embroidery Machine Review,with the bunch of top most features and consistently high performance, the Brother LB-6800PRW Project Runway Computerized Sewing Embroidery Machine certainly delivers value for your money. It has thousands of satisfied customers and as it has worked well for them, it may do so for you as well.
Singer Futura XL 400 sewing and embroidery machine
Singer is a brand that has been known all across the world, particularly in Southeast Asia for a long period of time. However, lately, they have been in the news for providing a variety of new embroidery machines, the latest of which happens to be the Singer Futura XL 400. One of the latest in the new generation of Futura line of machinery, it is with this machine that they have hit the nail on the head.
Features of Singer Futura embroidery machine: –
- It comes with 30 built-in stitches which are inclusive of 2 automatic one-step buttonholes.
- It contains two Hoop sizes; it also includes a 10” X 6” hoop which comes with the multiple hooping capabilities that can be used for the large projects.
- The machine also contains over 120 embroidery designs inbuilt and fed within the machine.
- Simple threading technology ensures that you need not have to worry about threading the needle anymore. The automatic machine would take care of that aspect.
- The drop-in bobbin is great when it comes to jam free embroidery work that is to be done on tough fabrics.
- Computer connectivity, with the help of a USB cable ensures that you will be able to download the designs as well as edit the designs on your computer and get them fed into the machine for use later on. By doing so, it is effectively kept the cost of the machine down to manageable levels.
- 24 hours customer service is provided with the purchase of this machine to ensure that people are not neglected when it comes to taking care of the problems they face in running this machine.
- The machine comes with a reading manual, which helps you to get rid of the hiccups in learning about the software in the machine. The learning curve is pretty simple, and definitely helps you in creating good designs within a short period of time.
- Swift Smart thread system introduced so as to prevent any kind of lag in the sewing department.
- It has over 13 needle positions to help the user to create excellent and precise stitching on the top of the fabric.
- Automatic tension is introduced in the Singer Futura XL 400 to make the sewing line taut and prevent any kind of lag in the sewing pattern.
- LED light included within the model; and there are absolutely no worries in regards to stitching if the light is not present.
- Six piece of feed dog drop included for precision handling of the machine.
- The machine goes through a horizontal thread delivery, making it effective in the delivery of the sewing patterns. This will create good backgrounds, without having to worry about thread tackling.
- The machine contains a built-in thread cutter, enabling you to minimize the loss in the thread during stitching.
- It contains a built-in LCD display with comes with buttons so as to select the pattern of stitch that you need.
- Over 7 feet of thread have been included with the Singer Futura embroidery machine.
- The editing capabilities of a basic nature have been inclusive in the machine itself. There is no need for you to get it connected to the computer as and when small changes are required within the design.
Disadvantages of Singer Futura monogram machine
- A number of consumers have complained about the software and drivers incompatibility of the Singer Futura embroidery machine with their computer.
- Even when the design is small, the needle is always directed to the larger hoop.
- The machine did not have a precision setting that could go around the scalloped edge, which is normally curved.
Brother PE770 Embroidery Machine Review
Gone are the days when you needed days or even months to embroider only a single piece of clothing for your loved ones. Moreover, now the art of embroidery has become an enjoyable experience rather than a back breaking task that also used to put a lot of strain on eyes.
With the advent of the state of the art embroidery machines today, embroidery has been given new dimensions. These machines have great advantages of convenience and time saving ability associated with them. Moreover, with the feature of already saved designs n the memory of most of the embroidery machines, the job has been made even easier and enjoyable.
However, no matter how brilliant these machines are, choosing the one that is perfect for you is still a difficult task especially when there is a huge variety of machines in the market today. More options sometimes means more confusion.
Let us save you of that confusion and make the decision making process easier for you. If you are keen of embroidering marvelous designs and give a great new look to the clothing, you might be looking for something that specializes in embroidery specifically. If that is your preference, you are on the right page.
Among a variety of embroidery machines for sale today in the market, Brother PE770 5 by 7 Inches Embroidery Only Machine beats many other top rated machines when it comes to outclass performance and convenience of use. Our Brother PE770 5 by 7 Inches Embroidery Only Machine Review would help you decide whether this machine is best suited for your requirements or not. Let us have a detailed look at its features and the pros and cons associated with it.
- A whole range of 136 built in embroidery designs
- 120 frame pattern combinations
- 6 lettering fonts
- User friendly backlit LCD touch screen.
- Embroidery area as large as 5 by 7 inches
- Ability to edit the design and zoom in and out to get a preview of your desired design on LCD.
- Ability to store your favorite designs in machine’s built in memory.
- Automatic needle threader for convenience.
- Automatic thread cutter.
- Work area illuminated with LED.
- Tutorials on LCD screen to help you through the process of threading the machine, inserting embroidery arm etc.
- A built in USB port to help you import more designs.
With lots of alluring features, the PE770 5 by 7 Embroidery-Only Machine certainly gives a tough competition to many other top notch embroidery machines.
It specializes in embroidery specifically. 136 built in designs, 120 frame pattern combinations and 6 lettering fonts give you a huge choice. Moreover, one of the greatest plus point of this machine is that it gives you a huge embroidery area of 5 by 7 inches which means it is very suitable for to embroider and stitch larger designs.
You can use it for embroidering bags, jackets and other large clothing. The machine allows you to test your creativity by editing different designs or combine them for creating new designs of your choice. To add to that, you can use the USB port to more designs.
Its easy bobbin winding system and easy to use LCD touch screen adds to your convenience. You are provided with variable speeds and hence you can set the machine at a speed more suitable and convenient to you. When it comes to comparison with other embroidery machines, one of its greatest plus points is a bigger hoop size.
Moreover, this machine comes with a special Brother Embroidery Card Slot. Inserting the embroidery card in this slot gives you access to thousands of special Brother Embroidery designs. A score of 4.3 out of 5 stars also speaks of customer satisfaction and trust for this machine. Most customers think that the machine is worth its price when it comes to high performance.
Although, the machine is fully loaded with most desired features but as the name suggests it is an embroidery-only machine. Its main area of expertise is embroidery. Moreover, when it comes to comparison, the Brother PE770 5 by 7 Inches Machine is a bit expensive. However, most customers think that the machine is worth its price.
If embroidery is your passion and you are willing to pay some extra bucks for your passion to get the best quality, high performance embroidery machine, Brother PE770 Embroidery Only Machine is your pick. We hope that our Brother PE770 5 by 7 inches Embroidery-Only Machine Review gave you a detailed description of the product and would be helpful for you to make a learned decision about whether it is suitable for you or not.
Brother SE400 sewing and embroidery machine
Are you looking to start an embroidery home business with a bunch of craftsmen? Or are you just an embroidaholic fond of giving physical form to your creative spirit? In both cases, the job cannot be done well unless you make a wise and informed decision regarding the stitching or embroidery machine you are going to choose.
Selecting the best embroidery machine means half the work is done. However, with so many brands available in the market today, even this foremost step of selection has become very tricky. But with a little research and guidance you can get to the machine that suits your personal needs the best. That is what we are here for.
Let’s have a look at some of the features of the revolutionary Brother SE400 that has made its entry in the market.
- There is ample space with the 4” X4” embroidery area provided to you by the machine to let loose your creativity.
- The Brother SE400 contains extremely easy to use LCD touchscreen, making use of the backlit display. This can give you a ready access to all the built-in designs as well as control the designing as well as the editing features of the embroidery. With this display you can go through the tutorials, and learn a lot more about the designs and how you can get it changed.
- The presence of floodlights in the needle area ensures that you do not have to worry about any lighting.
- It contains one of the easiest advanced fabrics assistance with the seven point feed dogs system.
- Computer connectivity included within the Brother SE400 ensures that your machine can stay up to date with all the updates from the official website. This prevents any security issues, and also helps you to import the designs from the official website. The industry standard files have been used for the digitizing as well as for the embroidery files within the machine. These are easily available in the official website, and after registering your product, you shall get them free of cost.
- It contains a jam resistant bobbin, ensuring that it is smooth sailing for you when it comes to the indulgence of creating new designs on the fabric.
- The Brother SE400 comes with a wide range of sewing features, with over 67 stitches of sewing along with 98 functions in regards to the stitches that you can perform in the fabric. This truly magnifies the ability for you to work in a wide variety of fabrics, particularly home decor, along with ensuring embroidery in a wide variety of clothes and gifts.
- The Brother SE400 comes along with a lot of accessories, and makes it the perfect choice for amateurs as well as professionals in fashion designing.
- Within the design library, you come across over 70 designs, over 120 frame patterns and perfect combinations to embroidery along with five types of lettering fonts. Moreover, you would also be able to import your designs from your computer as well as via the Internet.
- With the tough needle strength, you would be able to embroider quilts as well as sew in them if need be, without any kind of damage to the needlepoint.
- It also contains a 25 year limited warranty as well as a bilingual user manual for the benefit of the users. There is also the provision of having free phone support for life for the Brother SE400. You can get ready help as and when you need it.
Disadvantages of the Brother SE400
- This machine cannot be used in countries that do not have the 120V AC line, even when there is the presence of a voltage adapter.
With our detailed Brother SE400 Combination Computerized Sewing and 4 by 4 Embroidery Machine Review, we hope that you would have got a better idea of what the machine offers and where it lacks. However, whether or not this machine is the best for you depends completely on your personal needs, budget range and nature of use. Make a learned decision to avoid frustration and make sure that you have done thorough research. For that matter, you can check our comparison chart as well. We wish you the best and most enjoyable stitching and embroidering experience.
Brother pe500 embroidery machine
Switching from manual embroidery to mechanized embroidery means adding convenience, precision and time economy to your embroidery experience. However, although that can be the first step toward a more enjoyable embroidering experience but the job doesn’t stop here.
The most important step is yet to be taken and that is to select the best embroidery machine for you. But what is best for someone might be a total piece of scrap for you. The best embroidery machine means the one that is customized to your own personal needs and preferences. So, before you make a decision as to which brand of embroidery machine you should buy, take a thorough look at its features.
If you are among those whose first and top most priority is economy, you may like to have a look at our Brother PE500 Embroidery Machine with 70 Built in Designs and 5 Fonts Review. It is certainly the best embroidery machine for all those passionate embroiders who are looking for top features in lowest possible price.
To help you make a learned decision we are here to give you a detailed Brother PE500 Embroidery Machine with 70 Built in Designs and 5 Review. Our review would enlist the features of this machine and would explain the pros and cons associated with this machine.
Brother, one of those embroidery machinery producing companies that have been around for quite a while, has been making positive waves in this industry with the introduction of new products. They have provided a lot of help to the new embroiderers by introducing products that could take on a certain level of automation, making it the perfect companion to all your futuristic designs.
However, there are concerns that due to the product being lightweight, one may not be able to achieve the stability required during the embroidery work. However, their latest product, PE500 aims to dispel all those rumors and help establish Brother as one of the foremost authorities in terms of embroidery machinery.
- It contains a spacious 4” X4” area noted for embroidery. This can give you the required freedom to let loose your creativity and create some designs that can showcase your artistic nature.
- The machinery comes with the starter kit inclusive. This helps you in understanding the various nuances of embroidery, and with over three spools of threads in regards to embroidery as well as medium weight stabilizer provided within the starter kit, you would certainly enjoy this product.
- Floodlights are provided with this product, ensuring that even when there is no source of electricity, or you are working under a dim light, you need not worry about your embroidery getting Hayward and out of sync with the intended design.
- It contains a futuristic backlit LCD screen, which contains a variety of designing and editing features, built-in designs as well as some tutorials that can kick start your venture into embroidery. All of that can be viewed with the help of the LCD display.
- To ensure a certain amount of ease with threading, the PE500 brings forward a very convenient bobbin winding mechanism, which will help you to prepare the bobbins very quickly.
- When you suffer from the phenomenon of a shaky hand or a very bad near eyesight, threading the needle is a task which is seemingly close to impossible. So, automatic needle threader is included in this machine, thereby ensuring that you can thread pretty quickly.
- Keeping in touch with the latest in technology, the PE500 comes with connectivity with the computer. This way, you can download all the updates for the machine, and also new designs can be included and updated in this embroidery machine. Moreover, the machine makes use of the standard .pes files as well as the .pen files.
- The new system of drop in bobbin ensures that it is jam resistant.
- It contains a 25 year limited warranty along with free phone support. Moreover, the user manual is bilingual for the people that are challenged in learning the English language.
- A visit to the official website iBrodery.com will help you to get a lot of new designs and new patterns to be introduced into your embroidery skill. There is no need for you to scour the Internet in order to find out other designs which may not be compatible with your machine.
- There are some people that may consider its price tag to be a bit more than anticipated for a simple embroidery machine. However, looking at the features, it certainly justifies the price tag.
- This machine cannot be used in countries that do not support the 120V AC line even when there is a voltage adapter in place.
- For the people that do not have computer connectivity, downloading new designs is not possible. There are no other methods include new designs into this machine.
As you may have guessed from Brother PE500 Embroidery Machine with 70 built in Designs and 5 Fonts Review that this machine is one of the most economical choices to make when it comes to getting best features in minimum price. However, whether or not it is a suitable machine for you depends only on the fact that every customer has its own set of needs and preferences. If economy is your first preference, Brother PE500Embroidery Machine with 70 built in Designs and 5 fonts is certainly a wise choice. It is suitable for both the personal use as well as for those who are looking to set up a home business of embroidery and earn some money for themselves and their family. Have a great embroidering experience with your Brother PE500Embroidery Machine with 70 built in Designs and 5 fonts.
Final thoughts on Monogram machine reviews
So, what you think would be the best approach for you to purchase a best embroidery machine? Well, the first criteria should be to have a look at your budget, and shortlist the machines from the aforementioned brands that come within your spending limit. Next, do comparative analyses on the features, understand its importance, and then go through some of the Internet embroidery machine reviews to understand the feasibility as well as the advantages of using that monogram machine from user reviews. If you do so accordingly, there is a good chance that you would be able to purchase the best embroidery machine that can suit your needs.